Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shelter Animals

This is something that has always bothered me: Why is it acceptable to put down animals that do not get adopted, yet it is murder to kill a child that does not get adopted?

Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating killing children. I am just trying to make a point. Why is one species more important than another? Just because a cat or a dog cannot talk back doesn't make it right to treat them the way that people do. They are living beings with feelings and thoughts too. I consider my cat to be like my baby, and I can't imagine harm coming to him. I do what I can to help the stray cats that live outside my building, leaving food out for them and whatnot.

I think it's a huge double standard to hold people accountable for murdering other humans, but when it comes to animals, people turn a blind eye. It is still life being taken. Why should it matter if it's a human, or cat or dog or whatever? People tend to have a superiority complex because we build things and have technology. Yet we forget that most of these species have been here long before us and are much better adapted to survive. Let's face it, without our technology, we'd all be dead. That and not to mention we are an invasive species. Look at what we're doing to our planet. Humans are the worst thing to ever happen to this planet.

 Think about it.

1 comment:

  1. My cats like a child to me as well. I didn't wanna stress her out with moving all the time, so I left her with her great gramma and her grampa. (my gramma and my dad) so I know she's spoiled.

    I HATE shelters that kill. Thats why when I see no kill shelters, I get a sense of relief that those in that particular shelter will not be dying just because someone doesn't take them home.

    Another thing I hate about the shelters that kill is when they evaluate someone who wants to adopt the animal and tells them "no" based on stupid shit, then they turn around and kill that animal for "not finding a home"

    ReplyDelete